Casino software is the living, beating heart of any online casino in Australia. It controls all the vital aspects, from the online casino games to the banking and player’s management systems that are vital to a streamlined and enjoyable online casino experience.
Best Online Australian Casino Sites
Online Casino Software Developers in Australia
There are several prolific software developers and suppliers in Australia. Here are some of the best.
Microgaming is the biggest and one of the oldest online casino software suppliers in the world.
Their software is used by online casinos all across the globe including Australia. Microgaming has over 850 titles on offer, and their progressive jackpots are some of the biggest players will find. Microgaming specialises in online pokies.
Playtech has established itself as a viable alternative to the big suppliers like Microgaming and NetEnt. They have a diverse range of casino games, from pokies and online Bingo, to online Sportsbook and lottery.
Swedish gaming giants NetEnt might not have as many games on offer as Microgaming, but they make up for that with some of the best designed and fun online casino games available anywhere.
Evolution Gaming is the only supplier that only deals in live casino games. Evolution is known around the world as the supplier of the best live casino games, and their reputation is well-deserved.
Types of Casino Software in Australia
Online casino software is found in one of two forms at any online casino, namely download, and Flash-based. Each has their advantages, and players need to choose which they prefer before signing up to any one online casino.
Casino Software Download
Although they are in the minority, some online casinos require that players first download their software to play. Some will offer a choice between both. Downloads are usually large files and consist of all the casino games the online casino has to offer. Once the downloaded file has been installed, the software will connect to the casino’s servers, encrypt all communication using 128-bit SSL, and allow the player to wager for real money.
Casino Software Flash-Based
Flash-based online casinos are the most popular, as they offer speed and convenience. Flash-based online casinos can be accessed directly from a player’s browser. This means that not all of the games will be available, and some might take a short time to load. This is a small price to pay for the convenience of being able to play and win, anywhere, and anytime.
Australia Casino Software FAQ
- Can an online casino operate without casino software?
- No. Almost every online casino in the world relies on third-party suppliers to create and supply their software. This means that most of the best games only come from a handful of suppliers, so players need to determine what their needs are before signing up to any online casino.
- Who is the best casino software provider?
- There is no one best software provider, and there never will be. Each casino software provider caters to a segment of the market, helping each player find exactly what they are looking for. Each provider has their ups and downs, and players need to first determine what it is they need and want before signing up to a casino.
- How does casino software actually affect players? Why should we care?
- Well, players should care. A lot. Software determines what the player will interact with on a daily basis while gambling. Bad casino software equates to a bad casino experience, simple as that.
Software not only determines what games are available, how players wager as well. So bad casino software will lead to players possibly losing money.
So, the wisest players always scrutinise every aspect of an online casino, especially the casino software, before signing up.