Casino Games are games that are played in brick and mortar casinos, as well as online. In casino games such as Blackjack, Roulette and Poker gamblers use casino chips to bet on the outcome of a game. Casino games are big business in Australia and around the world in 2017. There are thousands of different titles available and countless different types of games. There really is something for everyone, no matter whether you enjoy playing card games at a table, or the newest and most advanced online pokie around. Australian players are spoilt for choice today and have vast libraries of games at their fingertips. This can be a lot to take in so we’ve got your ultimate guide right here to the world of Australian online casino games.
Top Ranked Australian Casino Games Casinos 2017
Casino Game History Australia
The best way to understand casino games today is to look at where they have come from. The truth of the matter is we are not entirely sure because it seems like mankind began enjoying gambling long before they started to keep accurate records. Some of the earliest mentions of gambling can be traced all the way back to ancient China, the Roman Empire, and Ancient Egypt.
How casino games started
As we said, we don’t know exactly what the first casino game was or when it was invented, but we do know it was a very long time ago. The Chinese have many proverbs and phrases that point to winning in a game of chance and many believe the oldest known game came from China, known as Pai Gow. The Druids are also reported to have enjoyed gambling at festivals. The Roman Empire is known to have enjoyed gambling and even saw it as an important bonding opportunity between a father and son.
The first casinos
In order to enjoy your favourite casino game, you need somewhere safe and comfortable that you can play. Today that means a land-based casino or an online casino. Turn the clock back though and there weren’t many options. The word Casino is derived from the Italian word meaning ‘Little House’. Back in the day, there was often a small structure on the grounds of the estate that would be used to entertain guests. Often this would involve playing games of chance, which became extremely popular.
As for the first proper casino, this happened in Monaco in 1861 and landed up helping out the kingdom, which was in financial trouble at the time. Gambling wouldn’t become legal in the United States until Nevada legalised it in the 1930s, laying the foundation for the creation of Las Vegas. The United Kingdom only legalised it in in the 1960s, but people from all over Europe had already been enjoying it for many years, regardless of their own country’s laws.
The beginning of card games
The foundation of many casino games is the playing cards, but where did they come from? The first documented case of playing cards occurred in France, back in the 1300s. These playing cards were completely different from the cards we know today and were made out of wood. They would sport the face of an emperor from the time period and the origin of many of today’s popular card games can be traced back to this period. This includes Blackjack, which is based on a popular French game called ‘Trent et un’, where players must try get the value of the hand to be 31. Poker is said to have started development even earlier, being an adaption of a Persian game called “As Nas”.
How Slot games began
One of the most popular forms of gambling today are slot machines or pokies as we call them here in Australia, but how did they get started? Well, the history of pokies is quite a long and interesting one; which began back in the 1890s. This was when the very first pokie was developed, by a man called Charles Fey. The game was called Liberty Bell and was quite simple in comparison to today’s standards, as you’d expect. People loved it though and it began to spread, becoming known as one-armed bandits in America. As technology improved, so did pokies as they grew more complex, adding more reels, pay lines, and symbols.
The pokie game really changed though with the advent of the Random Number generator, which completely revolutionized the internal workings of the pokie. This also allowed the development of video pokies and, eventually, online pokies in the 1990s. Since then we have seen the pokie get even more complex, both in terms of online pokies and video pokies in land-based casinos. There are more impressive themes and visuals, as well as many new features and bonus games.
Casino Games Australia – Types and Varieties
The casino game market is huge with many suppliers and even more players. This means that there is a huge group of people interested in playing the top Australian online casino games, with a variety of interests. The good news is that this means there are numerous different types of games, as well as countless variations. No matter what you enjoy, you should easily be able to find many games that you’ll really enjoy. Some of the most popular types of casino game include:
The wide range of games also means that no matter whether you’re new to gaming, or a seasoned expert, you’ll be able to find something that you’re comfortable playing, something that is fun and potentially profitable.
Leading Online Pokies for Aussie Players
We Australians love our pokies and this means that any Australian online casino worth its salt is going to offer a huge selection of gaming titles for us to enjoy. Pokies are fun and easy to enjoy, plus they can pay out some pretty impressive results. Some of the best pokies in recent history include the following:
A progressive jackpot pokie from Microgaming, offering some of the largest payouts around.
This pokie features 243 ways to win and presents players with a thrilling theme, Wilds, and impressive bonus features.
This is a slightly older title but remains a classic, which puts players back in the days of King Arthur.
This particular online pokie is based on a popular video game and features five reels and 15 paylines.
There are countless variations of pokies that range from simple three reel, one payline classic pokies to very complicated five reel slots, with thousands of winning combinations. With such a large range of games, it is easy to see why they have such a loyal following here in Australia.
Take a spin with Roulette
Here is a game that is perhaps the most well-known game in the entire industry. Ask your average person to think of a casino game and many will immediately think of Roulette. Roulette is a fairly simple game on the surface, where players gamble on where the ball will land on the Roulette wheel after it stops spinning, but it is extremely good fun to play.
Online Casinos in Australia will definitely include at least one version of Roulette in their library, but you’ll likely find more than that. The main versions of Roulette are American Roulette and European, with the only real difference being the American wheel has an extra Zero, which increases the house edge.
Best Online Blackjack Games Australia
This is another title that is very well-known and most people have played it before, whether gambling or just playing for fun. Also known as 21, Blackjack sees casino gaming players trying to get the value of their hand to be as close to 21 as possible, without going over. As with any popular casino game, there are several versions of Online Blackjack available to Australian players and the most popular include:
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Classic Blackjack Gold
- Gold Bonus Blackjack
- European Blackjack
Live Australian Online Casino Game
One of the most recent developments in the Online Casino industry is the arrival of Live Casino games. The games use an actual dealer and in many cases, real gambling equipment. The dealer’s video is then streamed over the Internet to the players who get the feeling of being in and gaming in a real land-based casino. The players can interact with the dealer and many feel more comfortable when the dealer is using real cards or an actual Roulette, rather than the results being determined by a Random Number Generator.
Finding the Best Online Casinos in Australia
There are hundreds of Australian casino games available for players to choose from, and making your decision is one of the hardest things you’ll need to do. Thankfully, we here at Top Aus Casino are here to help and have a list of the most important things to look out for when it comes to choosing an online casino for your gaming experience.
Online Casinos will offer new players a welcome bonus, which could see you being given a lot of extra money to play with. These can be very useful during your gaming experience so don’t overlook them.
Let’s face it, the main reason you’re joining an online casino is to play the top Australian casino games and hopefully win some money. Without a great selection of the best online casino games, the casino may as well be useless. We’ll make sure we only bring you the online casinos with the best game selections from the best developers around.
If you can’t deposit money into your account and you can’t withdraw your winnings, what good is the online casino? Always make sure there is a wide range of banking options with many withdrawal and deposit options available.
Poor customer service can ruin your experience with an online casino. We make sure that the customer support and service is top notch, so if anything does go wrong, you’ll get the help you need.
Many people are still worried that online casinos are scams. We ensure that they’re not; by making sure they are licensed and regulated by a third-party organization. You’ll never see a non-regulated casino on our site.
Australian Casino Games Online – Tips and Tricks
While we all play casino games for the enjoyment we get from them, we’re also hoping that one day we’ll get lucky and win the jackpot. Sadly, we also realize the odds are stacked against us but there are a few tips and tricks that you can use that might just help you level the playing field a little bit.
- Many online casinos in Australia will offer players the ability to play for free. We highly recommend you take advantage of this, especially if you’re trying to learn a new game. This can also be sued for you to try and develop new strategies and test them out, without putting money on the line.
- Whenever you play, set yourself a budget. Decide exactly how much money you are prepared to lose and stick to that figure. Do not go over your budget and do not chase your losses, this is how you get yourself into trouble. We also recommend you choose games that fit your budget. If you only have $50 to spend, it doesn’t make sense to play a game that requires you to wager $10 for every spin/round.
- While you not only need to keep track of your budget, you also need to set a time limit. Decide how long you’re going to play for because if you don’t, or you lose track of time, you can land up playing for hours on end.
- Try and know everything you can about the game you’re playing, especially the odds. Many players still think the odds are in their favour and land up losing a lot of money. The house always wins, remember that.
- This one is very important, keep a clear head. Whether gaming at a land-based casino or at home, stay away from alcohol. Alcohol can impede your judgment and lead to you placing bad bets and losing money fast. A clear head will ensure you make the best decisions possible and stand the best chance of making a profit.
- We also recommend you take regular breaks. This goes hand in hand with avoiding alcohol as the goal is to ensure your mind stays fresh and clear.
- Don’t be afraid to take advantage of promotional offers and bonuses. These can be a great way to increase the amount of money you have to play with. Just be sure to check the T&Cs.
- If you’re looking for a life-changing win, progressive jackpot titles are definitely worth a try. The jackpot can be millions of dollars so you should definitely try them as well. Just be sure to wait until the jackpot is larger than usual.
None of these tips will guarantee that you are instantly going to become a millionaire, but they will help give you the best possible chance to win.
Free Play Online Casino Game Australia
Several years ago, there were almost no opportunities for players to try Australian online casino games without spending real money. Thankfully this has changed drastically in recent years and now almost every single online casino will allow yo to play casino games for free. While you might not be able to try every single game in their library for free, you should be able to try a huge number of them.
This is great for new players who are worried about losing money while learning how to play the games. Being able to play for free gives new players time to learn and develop their first gaming strategies for the best Australian online casino games. Just remember, you won’t be able to keep any of your winnings until you start playing with money you deposited into your account.
No Deposit Bonuses for Aussie Players
While not as common as they used to be, no deposit bonuses are still extremely popular amongst players and are highly sought after. If you don’t know what a ‘No deposit bonus’ is, essentially the casino will provide players with a small amount of money without requiring them to make a deposit first, normally around $10. Alternatively, many online casinos will provide a player with a set number of free spins at a selected pokie instead, which is a great way to promote a new title.
Important Lingo – Casino Game Glossary
If you’re going to be playing casino games, these are the most important terms you’ll hear.
- Action – The amount of money a player wagers in one session of gambling
- Ante – This is the smallest amount of money you can bet to start playing your hand in a card game
- Banker – Typically used in certain card games to describe the dealer, while other games may also make players the banker
- Blind Bet – When a player in poker makes a bet without looking at their hand
- Capping – This occurs when a player places another bet on top of what they have already wagered once the deal has already begun. Can be considered to be a form of cheating so be careful
- Card Counting – When a player attempts to keep track of the cards that have already been dealt, in order to have a better idea of what cards still remain in the deck. If done properly, this can help to make more informed decisions. Be careful, though, as this can also be considered a form of cheating.
- Case Bet – When a player uses all their remaining chips to place a bet, also known as going All in
- Deal – The act of distributing the cards to the players
- Deuce – Normally refers to the number 2. Can be used to refer to playing cards or when rolling dice
- Double or Nothing – This particular wager will pay out as much as the original bet
- Dog – This term is used to describe a player who is likely to lose, or at least is considered this way by their fellow gamblers
- Edge – The advantage that one has over other competitors. Normally used when describing the advantage a casino has over players
- Eyes in the Sky – The security at a casino responsible for watching players on the floor to make sure there is no cheating going on
- Face Cards – Any playing card that has a face on it, like the Jack, Queen, and King.
- George – A name for a player who tips the dealer
- Grease – A term used to describe a bribe offered to other members of a particular game, both dealers, and other players
- Hand – Term used to describe the set of cards that a player is using
- Hit – Used in a game of Blackjack to request another card from the dealer
- Max Bet – The maximum wager you’re allowed to make
- Odds – The chances that particular bets will result in a win
- Open – Used in Poker to describe the player that bets first
- Stand – From Blackjack, informing the dealer you do not want another card