Baccarat is a tradition gambling card game which is played between the player and the banker. The aim of the game is to get a total value of nine. Baccarat is much like blackjack with a few twists. If you’re a new player looking into playing Online Baccarat, it may seem quite overwhelming. The same can be said for many online games, but if you take a little time to understand the game and its rules, we’re sure you’ll fall in love with Baccarat. While it may seem complicated, it is a rather simple game, and the house edge is quite small, which makes it the game of choice for a particular group of players.
Top Rated Australian Online Baccarat Casinos
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 99% Payout
Online Baccarat History for Aussie Players
The origins of Baccarat trace back to France in the 14th century. The word Baccarat is derived from the term Baccarat which means zero in Italian. This is relevant, because, in a game of Baccarat, Jack, Queen, King and ten cards are worth zero. It is said that in the beginning, this game could only be played by members of upper-class societies. But this did not stop ordinary people from playing the game. Today Baccarat has become a casino favourite for all players from all backgrounds.
Online Baccarat Rules Australia
Online Baccarat is played with 6 or 8 card decks. Online Baccarat is interesting because the cards that are considered high-value cards in other casino games such as Blackjack are regarded as no value cards in Baccarat. As mentioned earlier, cards such as Kings, Queens, Jack and 10’s have no value when playing Baccarat. Cards that are below 10 for example 2 are worth their face value. The Ace card is worth 1.
When playing online Baccarat, if a player has cards that are worth a double digit, only the value on the left is considered. For example, if you get a card value of 24, this will be counted at 4, and if you get a card value of 16, it will be counted as 7.
Online Baccarat Versions for Australian Players
Baccarat has three main versions of the game, which is not counting any minor variations that individual companies may create. The first version of Baccarat is the most simple and is ideal for new players. Called Punto Banco, it is a game of pure chance, and there is no strategy involved in winning. However, if you’re looking for a more complicated game with more strategy, the other two versions of Baccarat will probably be more to your liking. These are called Baccarat Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banquet and both allow the skill to play a more important role.
Online Baccarat – A Game Loved by Spies
Baccarat has always been quite a popular game, but its popularity increased thanks to the fact that Ian Fleming made it the game of choice for his fictional super-spy, James Bond. The game itself has a history that is full of royalty. It is believed that it originated in Italy before it eventually found its way to France. It is thought to have first appeared in the 1400s and has been enjoyed ever since. While it may have originally been known as the game of Kings, anyone can now enjoy it thanks to online and land-based casinos.
Playing Online Baccarat in Australia
Baccarat may seem like a complicated game when you first look at it, but it is quite simple. The house edge is also quite small, which has made this the most popular game with High Rollers. We highly recommend you find an Online Casino that uses Microgaming, as they make what is perhaps the best version of online Baccarat around.
The primary goal of Baccarat is to finish the round with a hand that is valued at nine, or as close to it as possible. In many ways it is similar to Blackjack, however, in Baccarat you cannot bust. The scoring system for cards is different as well and is as follows:
- Ace = 1
- 10, Jack, Queen, King = 0
- 2 – 9 = Face Value
With these values in mind, you can go about trying to get your perfect hand. As we said, you cannot bust in Baccarat. If your hand has a value of 15, you’ll drop the first digit and the hand’s actual value will be 5. The following are the steps on how Baccarat is played:
- When a game of online Baccarat starts, players need to bet on either Standoff (a tie), Banco(bank) or Punto(player).
- The dealer will then give two cards to the bank and the player.
- You will then have to bet on the hand that you think will have the highest value.
- A third card can be given to the player or the banker according to the three card rules
Third Card Rule for the Player:
- If the player or banker has a card total that is 8 or 9 from their first card hand, then no more cards will be dealt.
- If a player’s total hand is worth 5 or less, the player can have a third card will be dealt with the player.
Third Card Rule for the Bank:
- When the Bank’s total is worth 2 or less, the bank will be dealt a third card.
If the Bank has a hand that is worth a total of 3, they will be dealt a third hand. However, this will not happen if the player hands a card hand worth 8.
Online Baccarat vs Land-Based Baccarat Australia
In many ways, Online Baccarat is the same as the game you’d play in a land-based casino. The game is played with two hands, one of the players and one that belongs to the banker. Each round can only have three outcomes, the player can have the better hand, the banker can have the better hand, or it is a tie.
The only real difference that exists between real Baccarat and the online version is that at home, you have complete control of your environment. At a land-based casino, you’ll always be distracted by the noises around you. At home, however, it is as loud or as quiet as you want it.
Popular Online Baccarat Versions Australia
There are three main popular variations of Baccarat that have been released by Microgaming, and these are some of the best and most popular versions of Online Baccarat around.
Traditional Baccarat is played with a single 52 card deck and a mini table.
High Limit Baccarat
This version allows for players to place larger wagers when playing. It uses eight 52 card decks and the same mini table. The cards will be dealt face down, but players have the option to peek before accepting other cards.
This is Microgaming’s most advanced version of the game, played on a full-size table. The graphics are the best out of the three, and it is by far the most realistic. If you want to feel like you’re actually in a casino playing Baccarat, this is the one you should try.
Australian Online Baccarat FAQ’s
Your online baccarat questions answered
- What exactly is Online Baccarat?
- Baccarat is one of the oldest known gambling games. Not only that, but it is also one of the easiest games to learn for new players and in many ways it is similar to Blackjack, with a Banker and the player, each getting dealt two cards.
- Can the player only bet on their hand?
- Many people believe this is true but in fact, you can bet on either your hand or the banker’s hand. All that matters is which hand is closer to the value nine, so make your choice and win!
- Does is pay out the same if I bet on the banker’s hand?
- Yes, it does. So if you bet $10 on your hand and win, or $10 on the banker’s hand and they win, you’ll get $10 back. The only difference that comes in is that if you bet on the banker’s hand and win, you will have to pay a small commission to the banker.
- Can I play Baccarat Online without betting real money?
- Thankfully yes, many online casinos have started allowing players to enjoy a wide selection of games for free. This gives newer players a fantastic way to learn the game and also decide if they enjoy the game and if they like that particular online casino. Once they have decided, they enjoy the game and the casino they’ve chosen, and then they can go ahead and deposit real money into their account and begin playing for real.
- How do I tell what a good hand is in Online Baccarat?
- The primary objective of the game is to get the value of your hand as close to 9 as possible. No hand can be valued at more than nine, if the value is more than nine the first digit is dropped, so a hand with a value of 15 is valued at five.
- How do we value the cards?
- The value of the cards in Baccarat is different from other games of a similar nature. 10s and face cards are worth zero. Other than that, Aces are worth one and the rest of the playing cards are worth their face value, so a Five of Spades is worth five.