Roulette is a popular gambling game in which a ball is dropped into a spinning wheel with numbered sections. Players then bet on the number on which the ball will land. Roulette is extremely popular at online casinos in Australia, which comes as no surprise as it has always been hugely popular in land-based casinos. Online Roulette gives Australian players the chance to experience all the thrills of Roulette from the comfort of their home. With a relatively small house edge, Online Roulette games are incredibly fun and exciting games which can lead to some big wins.
Top Recommended Roulette Online Australia Casinos
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 99% Payout
Online Roulette Australia Real Money
Like most casino game roulette online can be enjoyed for fun without using real money. However, playing the Roulette online real money can be more exciting with the chance to win real cash jackpots.
Playing online Roulette for real money shouldn’t feel intimidating because Aussie players can choose to play at a level they are most comfortable with. Bets can be made from as little as AU$1 to as high as AU$1000.
When playing the best online roulette for real money Australia, be prepared to lose money. That it is because playing casino game for real money has that risk. Therefore, play not with the intention to win but with enjoyment and chance that luck will be on your side and win.
Australian Online Roulette Payouts
The first thing to note is that Roulette payouts are listed on the game payout table. Familiarise yourself with the table before playing.
When playing the online Roulette casino game, Aussie players have a chance that is at 2.70% of winning when bets are made on all the single number wagers.
Roulette Odds Australia – Play Roulette Online and Win
In order to know the odds of you winning at the casino game of Roulette, you first have to know the house edge. The house edge can be simply explained as the share that the online casino gets from the bets that players make. Another thing to keep in mind is that each bet has its own odds as well.
Each variation of the Online Roulette casino game has its own house edge. The American version’s house edge is at 5.26% and the European version’s house edge is at 2.70%. When you understand the game, it is easier for Australian players to make informed wagers that may lead to great wins.
Australia Roulette Games
To become a Roulette Pro, you need to know how Roulette works. Let’s take a look at the Roulette wheel. The Roulette Wheel layout is equally divided into 38 segments represented by a colour and a number from 1 to 36. Each segment has a number and coloured in red and black. The zero and the double zero parts are coloured in green. The number of zero segments that appear on the Roulette wheel depends on the variation of Roulette. For instance, French Roulette only has one segment for zero. The ball that is used when playing real Roulette is a small white ball that perfectly fits into the Roulette Wheel pockets. The dealer in Roulette is called the croupier.
These are the three most famous Online Roulette casino game versions, and all of them can be played at online casinos, although you’re not likely to find all three at an Australian Online Casino. The first version we’ll look at is American Roulette. Like the other two versions of the game, American Roulette features 36 numbers arranged between Red and Black. The big difference though is that American Roulette has an additional green slot, with the numbers 00. While this may not sound like a huge difference, it increases the house edge and makes it a little harder for the player to win.
As for European and French Roulette, they’re identical to each other with the exception of some cosmetic differences. They both have 36 numbers on the wheel, with a single green 0. European Roulette is likely to be the most common version of the game you find online and in the real world. There is simply no reason to play American Roulette, as it offers the worst odds for the player.
How to Play Roulette
Playing online Roulette is the same as playing Roulette except for the fact that you will be playing online. Similarly, to the land-based game, you will select the amount you want to bet on, make your bet and then hit the spin button once you are ready for the wheel to spin. Most players prefer to play games such as Roulette via a Live Casino. The player can virtually play the game with an actual dealer and in some cases with other players while he/she is in the comfort of their home.
Roulette Game Physics
Online Roulette is simply a digital version of the much-loved land-based casino game. Like its real-world companion, a player places a bet on where they think the ball will land. Then spin the wheel, and the ball is put into the wheel. The Australian roulette wheel layout will have 36 numbers on it, half red and half black, as well as one green 0. There may also be a green 00 if you’re playing the American Roulette.
When playing Roulette in the real world, physics will determine where the ball lands on the wheel. However, when playing online, this is determined by a Random Number Generator, which will ensure that the outcome of each round is as random as possible. Besides that, the only other real difference between playing online and in a land-based casino is the environment itself. Playing at home will allow the player complete control over their environment, with no noises and other people to distract them. This can help the player to make clearer decisions, although some players will miss the noise that comes from a land-based casino.
Australian Roulette Online Basics
- Before you start playing Roulette online, you need to take note of the minimum and maximum bets allowed on the particular Roulette table.
- Players should choose a Roulette table that suits their budget.
- Players will then have to choose what kind of bets they would like to make.
Understanding the Roulette Table
Roulette is played on two types of tables; a single and a double Roulette table. The only difference between the two tables is that the double table has the single pattern printed twice. This kind of table is used to accommodate a large number of players. The Roulette table can seem confusing, however, at the end of this article, you will see everything on the Roulette table more clearly.
Roulette is played with chips unlike the common chips used when playing other casino games. Each player on the table has differently coloured unique chips and the value placed on these chips is decided on before they are given to you. This is done to make sure that every player knows which bets they placed to avoid confusion.
Live Online Roulette Real Money Australia
If you feel too isolated when playing Roulette online but going to a land-based casino isn’t an option, then you may be wondering what other options you have. Thankfully there is Live Roulette offered at many Australian Casinos, which plays the same as online Roulette but a real person is managing the game. Their image is streamed over the Internet to you, and it can make you feel like you’re in an actual casino.
There are some differences between online Roulette and Live Roulette, though. For starters, there is usually a time limit placed on betting. You will have between 30 and 60 seconds to place your bet before the wheel is spun. This is more than enough time if you’re an experienced player but may be too short if you’re very new.
Other than that, Live Roulette tends to have higher betting limits, so players will be able to wager more money per spin.
Play Roulette on Your Mobile
These days Australian punters can be able to access casinos on their smartphone. However, it has to be a mobile device that is supported. Australian players will be able to find a mobile online Roulette casino from the list that we have here on our site. The listed sites bring Aussies the best online roulette for fun and roulette online real money. Mobile real Roulette is just as exciting as playing from a desktop casino.
Online Roulette Australia Tips and Tricks
If you’re new to Online Roulette, you might be a little intimidated when you first start. There’s a lot to take in, but it’s quite simple, and you’ll pick it up very quickly. If you are new, here are a few pointers to get you started. Check out our how to play online Roulette guide here.
- We recommend you stick to placing outside bets, so odd or even, red or black. By doing this, you won’t lose too much money too quickly, and you have a fairly good chance of winning. This will also give you time to learn about the game.
- There’s nothing wrong with playing for free and getting familiar before putting real money on the line. Most online casinos will allow you to play for free and get some practice in, so make use of it.
- If you do decide you want to play an inside bet and wager on specific numbers, we recommend you don’t just bet on a single number. Rather place bets on three or four, which will increase your chances of winning.
- This is perhaps the most important tip. Always make sure to choose a reputable online casino. Any casino we recommend on our site is fully licensed and regulated and will be 100% safe use.
Casino Online Roulette Terminology
- Inside bets: These are bets that are inside the rectangle on the Roulette table. This is a bet made on an individual number.
- Outside bets: This is when you bet on the colour that the Roulette ball will land on. These bets pay out less because you are more likely to win when you bet on an odd or even number.
- Corner Bet: When the player puts a wager on four numbers at the same time.
- Column Bet: When the player bets on a column of 12 numbers, there are three columns in total.
- Croupier: The official name for the dealer running the Roulette table.
- Double Zero: When a player bets on 00 in American Roulette.
- Odd Bet: Placing a bet on all the odd numbers on the wheel.
- Even Bet: Placing a bet on all the even numbers on the wheel.
- Inside Bet: Placing a bet on the numbers on the inside of the layout.
- Outside Bet: Placing a bet on the high/low numbers, odd/even, or black/red.
Australian Online Roulette FAQ’s
Everything Aussie players usually ask about online roulette
- Can you win money playing Roulette online?
- Absolutely! Roulette is one of the most popular casino games around, in both online casinos and land-based ones. This has to do with the fact that it has quite a high payout, which has contributed to it being so popular.
- Can I play Online Roulette for free?
- There was a time when you’d have struggled to find somewhere to play for free but these days many online casinos will allow players to play for fun. This will allow you to get a feel for the game, how it works, learn the rules and understand how the payouts work. Then, once you have gotten a better idea of how to play, you can start betting real money when you feel comfortable.
- How can I play Online Roulette?
- Well, the first thing you’ll need to do is choose an online casino that provides the game. Then you’ll need to register an account and download and install the software. Alternatively, many online casinos now allow you to play through your web browser so you won’t need to download anything, but you’ll still need to create an account. That’s it really; all you need is a computer or mobile device and an Internet connection. Oh, and you’ll also need a way to deposit money into your account if you want to start playing for real, like a credit card.
- Are the Online Roulette games fair?
- Yes, they are, provided you play Online Roulette at a reputable online casino. As long as the casino is licensed and regulated by the appropriate authorities, there should be nothing to worry about. Any online casino we review will be safe and trustworthy, so if you play at a casino you’ve found at Top Aus Casino, you’ll be just fine.
- What’s the difference between American, European and French Roulette?
- All three versions are relatively similar so don’t expect any massive differences. The biggest difference is that American Roulette has two 0 numbers on the wheel, while European and French Roulette only has one 0. This may sound like a small difference, but it does decrease the chances of you winning. If you get a chance, always choose European Roulette over American. As for French Roulette, its wheel is identical to European, but there are some minor rule differences. For example, if the ball lands on 0, and you bet on a single number, you only lose half your bet as opposed to the whole thing.
- Do Roulette strategies work?
- Unfortunately, any strategy that guarantees wins in Roulette is lying to you. As with any casino game, Roulette is a game of chance and luck, and no amount of calculating can make the ball land where you want it to. They can help in aiding you to decide what type of bet you should place to suit your play style, and this might assist in the long run, but they’re never going to be able to guarantee you a win