Best Australian Online Roulette Casinos
Online Roulette Australia – What is it?
Online Roulette is simply a digital version of the much-loved land-based casino game. Like its real world companion, in online Roulette the player places a bet on where they think the ball will land. Then the Roulette wheel is spun, and the ball is put into the wheel. The wheel will have 36 numbers on it, half red and half black, as well as one green 0. There may also be a green 00 if you’re playing American Roulette, but more on that a little later.
The Physics of Roulette
When playing Roulette in the real world, physics will determine where the ball lands on the wheel. However, when playing online, this is determined by a Random Number Generator, which will ensure that the outcome of each round is as random as possible. Besides that, the only other real difference between playing online and in a land-based casino is the environment itself. Playing at home will allow the player complete control over their environment, with no noises and other people to distract them. This can help the player to make clearer decisions, although some players will miss the noise that comes from a land-based casino.
Online Roulette Rules for Australian Players
To become a Roulette Pro, you need to know how Roulette works. Let’s take a look at the Roulette wheel. The Roulette Wheel is equally divided into 38 segments represented by a colour and a number from 1 to 36. Each segment has a number and coloured in red and black. The zero and the double zero parts are coloured in green. The number of zero segments that appear on the Roulette wheel depend on the variation of Roulette. For instance, French Roulette only has one segment for zero. The ball that is used when playing Roulette is a small white ball that perfectly fits into the Roulette Wheel pockets. The dealer in Roulette is called the croupier.
Online Roulette Variations Australia 2017
These are the three most famous versions of Roulette, and all of them can be played at online casinos, although you’re not likely to find all three at an Australian Online Casino. The first version we’ll look at is American Roulette. Like the other two versions of the game, American Roulette features 36 numbers arranged between Red and Black. The big difference though is that American Roulette has an additional green slot, with the numbers 00. While this may not sound like a huge difference, it increases the house edge and makes it a little harder for the player to win.
As for European and French Roulette, they’re identical to each other with the exception of some cosmetic differences. They both have 36 numbers on the wheel, with a single green 0. European Roulette is likely to be the most common version of the game you find online and in the real world. There is simply no reason to play American Roulette, as it offers the worst odds for the player.
Understanding the Online Roulette Table
Roulette is played on two types of tables; a single and a double Roulette table. The only difference between the two tables is that the double table has the single pattern printed twice. This kind of table is used to accommodate a large number of players. The Roulette table can seem confusing, however, at the end of this article, you will see everything on the Roulette table more clearly.
Roulette is played with Roulette chips unlike the common chips used when playing other casino games. Each player on the table has differently coloured unique chips and the value placed on these chips is decided on before they are given to you. This is done to make sure that every player knows which bets they placed to avoid confusion. Here are some steps you need to take when playing a game of Roulette:
Roulette Basics – The Bets
- Before you start playing Roulette, you need to take note of the minimum and maximum bets allowed on the particular Roulette table.
- Players should choose a Roulette table that suits their budget.
- Players will then have to choose what kind of bets they would like to make.
- Inside bets: These are bets that are inside the rectangle on the Roulette table. This is a bet made on an individual number.
- Outside bets: This is when you bet on the colour that the Roulette ball will land on. These bets pay out less because you are more likely to win when you bet on an odd or even number.
Common Roulette Terminology for Aussie Players
- Corner Bet: When the player puts a wager on four numbers at the same time.
- Column Bet: When the player bets on a column of 12 numbers, there are three columns in total.
- Croupier: The official name for the dealer running the Roulette table.
- Double Zero: When a player bets on 00 in American Roulette.
- Odd Bet: Placing a bet on all the odd numbers on the wheel.
- Even Bet: Placing a bet on all the even numbers on the wheel.
- Inside Bet: Placing a bet on the numbers on the inside of the layout.
- Outside Bet: Placing a bet on the high/low numbers, odd/even, or black/red.
Betting in Online Roulette Australia
Playing online Roulette is the same as playing Roulette except for the fact that you will be playing online. Similarly, to land-based Roulette, you will select the amount you want to bet on, make you bet and the hit the spin Button once you are ready for the Roulette wheel to spin. Most players prefer to play games such as Roulette via a Live Casino. The player can virtually play the game with an actual dealer and in some cased with other players while he/she is in the comfort of their home.
Online Roulette Tips and Strategy for new Aussie players
If you’re new to Online Roulette, you might be a little intimidated when you first start. There’s a lot to take in, but it’s quite simple, and you’ll pick it up very quickly. If you are new, here are a few pointers to get you started. Check out our how to play online Roulette guide here.
- We recommend you stick to placing outside bets, so odd or even, red or black. By doing this, you won’t lose too much money too quickly, and you have a fairly good chance of winning. This will also give you time to learn about the game.
- There’s nothing wrong with playing for free and getting familiar before putting real money on the line. Most online casinos will allow you to play for free and get some practice in, so make use of it.
- If you do decide you want to play an inside bet and wager on specific numbers, we recommend you don’t just bet on a single number. Rather place bets on three or four, which will increase your chances of winning.
- This is perhaps the most important tip. Always make sure to choose a reputable online casino. Any casino we recommend on our site is fully licensed and regulated and will be 100% safe use.
Playing Live Online Roulette in Australia
If you feel too isolated when playing online Roulette, but going to a land-based casino isn’t an option, then you may be wondering what other options you have. Thankfully there is Live Online Roulette offered at many Australian Casinos, which plays the same as online Roulette but a real person is managing the game. Their image is streamed over the Internet to you, and it can make you feel like you’re in an actual casino.
There are some differences between online Roulette and Live Online Roulette, though. For starters, there is usually a time limit placed on betting. You will have between 30 and 60 seconds to place your bet before the wheel is spun. This is more than enough time if you’re an experienced player, but may be too short if you’re very new.
Other than that, Live Roulette tends to have higher betting limits, so players will be able to wager more money per spin.