Now that you have a basic understanding of how to play online Blackjack, you should get acquainted with the Blackjack language and lingo. Below are a few terms that players need to know when playing Blackjack online:
- Hit: This is the term used when a player requests another card after they have already received the first two cards.
- Split: When a player receives two cards which have the same value, these can be split into two separate hands. Two other cards will be dealt to the separate hands. The same bet made on the initial bet will be made to the split cards.
- Double Down: This is when players double their bets and get hit with one card; this is the option players choose when they feel that the cards dealt will result in a win.
- Stand: This is when a player decides to not take any more cards.
- Blackjack: This is when a player cards equal to 21, this is also referred to as a Natural in some casinos.
- Bankroll: This is the money a player needs to use as a wager.
- Face Cards: These are cards such as the Jack, Queen and Kind
- Surrender: When a player surrenders when they do not move after their cards have been dealt. This does however, cost the player half their bet.
Blackjack Online Dealer
Who is the Dealer in Online Blackjack?
When playing online Blackjack, the dealer represents the online casino. You will play against the dealer as your opponent. It is however, important to note that the dealer is restricted by strict casino rules that stipulates how the dealer should handle the cards. Firstly, the dealer is not allowed insurance against a player getting Blackjack. The dealer basically can’t do things that players can do such as a split, surrender or a double down.
Now that the you got Blackjack lingo in the bag, let’s move on to the next step on how you can play Blackjack online.