Bingo is an exciting chance game that involves players marking off numbers on a bingo card as they are called out. The first person to mark off all of the numbers wins. Bingo has been an incredibly popular game in bingo halls around the world so it comes as no surprise that it continues to be popular at Online Casinos. In fact, it remains one of the most popular online games around the world. Online Bingo is said to have first hit the scene back in 1996, but it didn’t gain popularity until 1998 when the game Bingo Blitz has first released.
Best Australian Online Bingo Casinos
600+ Slots and 98% Payout
130+ Slots and 97% Payout
600+ Slots and 97% Payout
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
Bingo Australia – A Brief History
Bingo has been around for many years, with its history dating back to the 1530’s, it is said that this popular game originated from Italy. As a result of Bingo’s long standing history, it is one of the most played casino games around the world. With the rise of online casinos, online Bingo has been introduced to players. Online Bingo is based on the same rules as traditional Bingo.
Playing Online Bingo in Australia
Bingo has always been popular because it is quite an easy game to play and this is no different when it comes to Online Bingo. Players will receive a card with numbers on it, and they’ll need to match the numbers with numbers that are called out. Once a number is called, if it is present on your card you will mark it off, and if you mark off enough numbers in a row, you win.
On a Bingo card each of the columns is labelled according to the Bingo Letter, for example:
B: This column has numbers 1 to 15
I: This column has numbers 16-30
N: This column has numbers 31-45
G: This column has numbers 46-60
O: This column has numbers 61-75
Some Online Bingo Differences in 2018
There are some differences when it comes to Bingo Online, though. Many games will have an auto-daub feature that will automatically mark off numbers for you, making sure that you don’t accidentally miss one. Another feature you’ll probably find is best card sorting, which will rearrange your cards so that your best one is on top.
We do recommend that you try and find an online casino that limits the number of bingo cards a player can use in one game. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a game with a player that can afford to play with hundreds of cars at one, giving them a huge advantage over you.
Online Bingo Strategy and Tips for Aussie Players
While games like Poker may allow the skill to play a bigger role in the outcome of the game, bingo is solely reliant on luck. Having said that, there are some tips and tricks we can give you to help improve your chances of winning a little.
- Always take the maximum number of cards. This will give you a larger selection of numbers and make it more likely that you will win.
- Try and play more often. This sounds obvious but what we mean is that you should try and play smaller games more often, rather than play one massive game a day.
- Be picky about when you play. Playing when the online casino is at its busiest may not be the best idea. While the bonuses may be bigger, your chances of winning will go down. We recommend you try to play at less popular times.
- Interact with the Community. In most Online Bingo games, you’ll be able to chat with other players. Use this as you can scope out other players but also learn from the more experienced.
- Keep an eye out for Bonuses. We highly recommend you look for online casinos that offer bingo games and bonuses. Some will even do this on a regular basis.
Speaking the Australian Online Bingo Language
To become an online Bingo pro, you need to know the terminology used when playing a game of Bingo. Below is a list of some of the terminology you need to know when playing online Bingo:
- Caller: When playing Bingo, the person who is responsible for picking out numbers from a draw and calling the numbers out is referred to as a caller. When playing online Bingo, the calling will be automatically done by the game’s software. The caller is also responsible for announcing the predetermined pattern for Bingo before the numbers are called out. Possible Bingo patterns that can be found when playing Bingo are coverall, blackout, and straight-line Bingo pattern.
- Straight–line Bingo Pattern: This is when a player can call Bingo when they have a pattern of crossed numbers in a straight line. This straight line can be vertical, horizontal or diagonal as long as it is a straight line.
- Coverall Pattern: A Coverall pattern, as the name suggests, occurs when a player covers all their numbers on the card. This is one of the most difficult patterns to achieve.
- Dauber Pattern: This is the ink used by players to cross out the called numbers on their cards. In online Bingo, a Dauber is not used because the numbers are crossed off automatically.
- Buy-In Pattern: This is the process of purchasing a Bingo card. In an online casino placing a bet is considered as a Buy-In.
Online Bingo and traditional Bingo are very similar; the only difference is that one is played in a Land-based casino and the other at an online casino. Now that once you are well versed with the rules of Bingo, you will have no problem playing online Bingo.
Versions of Online Bingo Australia
As with any popular online game, Online Bingo has spawned a few different versions. These are the four most popular versions of Online Bingo, starting with the North American version. This variant uses 75 numbers and a bingo card that is 5×5. There is also a speed version of this game that uses the same 75 numbers but is just played at a faster rate.
Next up is the UK version that uses 90 numbers. It’s playing card is 9×3 and is normally played in three stages.
The third version uses on 30 numbers and has a much faster pace. The playing card is 3×3, but the player is required to fill every spot before calling Bingo.
Finally, we have the newest version of the game to gain popularity. It uses 80 numbers and is a hybrid of the American and British versions. The card has a 4×4 grid, along with several different ways to win.
Australian Online Bingo FAQ’s
All your online bingo questions answered here
- What is Online Bingo?
- Simply, Online Bingo is a digital version of the much-loved game of Bingo something which we are sure everyone has played at least once in the past. In fact, Online Bingo is one of the most popular Online Casino games in the world. The first free version of Online Bingo first came out in 1996 but it wasn’t until 1998 that the game really started to gain popularity, with the release of Bingo Blitz.
- How do I play Online Bingo?
- The game is played exactly like its real-world counterpart. The player will have one or more Bingo cards and will mark the numbers off as they are called. Unlike in real-world Bingo, Online Bingo will use a Random Number Generator to choose the numbers, but these are made to be as random and fair as possible. Online Bingo does add a few awesome features though, like Auto-daub, which will have the game automatically mark the called numbers on your cards to make sure you never miss a number.
- Do I have to bet real money?
- Thankfully not, many top Online Casinos out there allow players to try their games for free. This is not only a great way to see if you like the Online Casino you’re trying, but it will also allow new players to try new games and get familiar with them, without risking their money.
- How do I know if the game is safe and not rigged?
- Players need to be sure that they are playing at a licensed and regulated online casino. Typically, online casinos will display their accreditation and which regulatory body has assessed the casino. You can also feel safe trying any of the Online Casinos we recommend as we will do all the hard work for you and ensure that any casino we recommend is 100% fair and safe.
- Are there several versions of Online Bingo?
- Yes, there are, as you’d expect with such a popular game. The traditional North American version of the game uses 75 numbers and a Bingo card that is 5×5. There is also a speed Bingo version that is the same, just played at a faster pace. The UK version of the game uses 90 numbers and a slightly different Bingo card, which is 9×3. Players may also find a 30 number Bingo game, which is much faster as it is only played on a 3×3 card. However, to call Bingo in this version, players need to fill the centre number on their card. And finally, we have an 80 number version that is like a hybrid of the 75 and 90 number versions. The Bingo Card uses a 4×4 layout and has a wide range of different ways to win.
- Are there any strategies that can help me win?
- While Bingo may be all about luck, there are some tips and tricks you can use to increase your odds a little bit. Firstly, we only recommend playing an Online Bingo game that limits the amount of cards a player can use during each game; otherwise, you’ll find yourself up against high-rollers who can afford to play with far more cards than you. Secondly, always play the maximum number of cards that the game allows. We also recommend trying to play at off-peak times, as this will increase your odds of winning.