Basketball is a sport that is quickly becoming popular in Australia. With more and more Aussies becoming interested in this sport, the demand for basketball betting has also increased. It is because of this demand for basketball betting that we at Top Aus Casinos found it necessary to provide players with an informative guide on this type of sports betting. To learn everything that you need to know about basketball betting, then you have come to the right place.
Top Basketball Betting Casino Sites
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 99% Payout
130+ Slots and 97% Payout
Basketball Betting Options
The best way to familiarise yourself with basketball betting would be to get to know each and every bet and what it entails. To help you brush up on your basketball betting knowledge, we have provided a list of some of the most popular bets placed when watching basketball.
The over-under bet is one of the simplest bets to understand. This bet works as follows:
- The sportsbook will select a specific number for a certain basketball game. This number represents the number of points that the sportsbook believes will be scored.
- In most cases, the average score is around 200.
- Simply put, the scores from both teams will be added together to make up the overall score at the end of the game.
- Punters can then make bets as to whether they think that the overall score will be more or less than predicted by the sportsbook.
- It is important to note that gamblers are not betting on a winner, but rather the combined score that will be achieved at the end of the game.
- Should players think that the score will be under that of the score predicted by the sportsbook, then they will place an under bet.
- If players think that the score will be over the amount predicted by the sportsbook, they will then place an under bet.
A great way to understand who the favourite is, is by placing the points spread bet. What this entails is:
- The sportsbook will put something to the effect of Team X +20/ Team Y -20.
- Meaning, Team A is considered the favourite and is expected by the sportsbook to win by over 20 points.
- This type of bet entices places to bet on both possible sides of the wager.
- Should Team X win by 10 points on the dot, then players would receive their bets back, as it is considered a push.
Proposition Bets and Live Wagers
These are some of the most exciting bets. Reason being is because punters are allowed to place bets on any aspect of the game. Whether it be the number of fouls that will take place, or the amount of points your favourite player will score. The betting opportunities are endless.
When placing live bets, it is very similar to prop bets. However, these wagers take place in real time being placed while the game is going on. These bets can also be placed on any and all aspects of the game. More so, due to the live aspect of the bets, the odds will be continually changing.
Straight Bet and Moneyline Bet
Moneyline and straight bets are very much alike, although they cannot be considered the same thing. When placing one of these bets, players are wagering as to which team will win.
Tips for Basketball Betting
Now that you know what each of the important basketball bets mean we have a few tips and tricks for you to keep in mind when you partake in this sports betting variant.
- Use a trusted sportsbook – by doing this you ensure that you’re betting experience will be safe and fair.
- Be aware of previous results – due to the fact that basketball is played on such a regular basis, it is highly unlikely that the performance of the team will change drastically.
- Great players can change the outcome – look at who is playing as certain players can make a big difference. So, if you are battling to select a team to bet on, pick the one with the best players.
- Put a limit on your wagers – when placing your first few wagers on this sports betting variant, we would suggest that players do not risk more than 10% of their bankroll on a single bet.
Basketball Betting in a Nutshell
Now that you have the basics when it comes to betting on basketball, you can make the best decision to suit your bankroll. So, why not bet on this popular sport today? You could leave with a satisfactory smile on your face that your favourite team made a win, as well as more real money in your wallet.