Rugby is one of the most popular sports in Australia. So naturally, fans would want to place bets on their teams. Ensuring that they get a little something more from their favourite game than just the thrill of watching it. Watching and betting on rugby allows the fans to get involved in a far more exciting betting environment.
Rugby Betting Tips
Online betting platforms are great for sports bettors to place their bets. Reason being is that it is a safe way for Aussie gamblers to maximise on their bets and their winnings. So, to ensure that you are placing the best possible bets, read our comprehensive guide below:
Keep Up with Rugby News
By keeping up with what’s happening in the world of rugby, you will learn of things such as injuries, suspensions and players. Whether it is news on your favourite team, or their biggest competition, with this information, you will be able to gauge what to expect from the game. Is the best player sitting out? Are there new and less experienced players playing for that team? These are all things that you should be asking yourself before placing your bets.
List of Players
If you plan on routing for a specific team, it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with its players. Reason being is that a single player can win or lose a game for the team. So, you should familiarise yourself with the players, what they are good at and which ones to look out for. By doing this, you can place informed bets on players and teams.
To get an idea of what a team is capable of, look at what they have been able to achieve in the past. It is possible that by seeing what the team has previously accomplished your bets will be more accurate, assisting in increasing the size of your payouts.
Think about where the team is playing. It is considered to be extremely advantageous for a team to be playing on their home ground. Reason being is that players tend to be more comfortable in a space they know. In addition, the exhilaration that players get from the support of their home crowd can affect their game play.
Before betting on a game, it’s a good idea that you check the weather forecast for the day as weather can have a huge effect on a game. Reason being is that handling errors happen more frequently. Also, team members will be less likely to go wide and move the ball through players quickly. Keep in mind, however, that a team with a decent fly-half will be able to adapt to changing weather conditions easily.
How to Place Rugby Bets
When placing bets, try to keep the following steps in mind:
- Set a maximum bankroll amount.
- Decide on the amount of the highest bet you want to make.
- Look through the rugby betting types available before you place your wager.
- Select a licensed bookmaker.
- Select a rugby cup or league.
- Ensure that your bet is placed in Australian Dollars.
- Watch the game and enjoy your real money payout at the end.
Rugby Betting Types
When betting on rugby, there are many different types of bets that you can place. Here is a breakdown of the bet variations possible for Aussie sports bettors to make:
Betting on which team will be the winner after the games 80-minutes have elapsed.
This is when you place a bet on which team you think will have the highest score in the first 40 minutes of the game.
Side/ Exotic Bets
These are smaller types of bets that can be placed on the following:
- Anytime try scorer.
- First converted try.
- The first player to score a try.
- Half-time and full-time bets.
- Home team to win the first half.
- How much the team will win by.
- Last team to score.
- The number of tries made.
- Team to win the first half.
- The first player to score
- The handicap of the first half.
- Total points of the first half.
Rugby Betting Competitions
When it comes to rugby, it is important to know that some competitions are considered major ones and others are not. So here is a list of competitions to get excited for!
- Rugby World Cup: The most prestigious competition of them all. It occurs every four years between the top 16 teams in the world.
- 6 Nations: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy.
- Aviva Premiership: English Premier League. Starts in September and ends in May.
- European Champions Cup: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy. This competition runs from October to May.
- European Rugby Challenge: this is the second tier of the above competition. This competition is for teams that featured 4th to 6th in their leagues.
- Top 14
- Pro 12
- Super Rugby
- Rugby Championship
- Rugby Sevens
Rugby Betting Ball and all
Rugby betting is a great way for Australian sports fans to get involved in the sport. Why not try it out today? You could get some real money wins while watching your favourite team walk away victorious.