The Hollandish betting strategy is generally associated with the likes of the roulette table game. This betting strategy is one that is every popular among Australian gamblers. In this guide, we will delve into why this betting strategy has gained so much popularity and how exactly it works. So, to improve your odds when playing roulette, read on.
Test the Hollandish Betting System at Top Casino Sites
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 99% Payout
130+ Slots and 97% Payout
A surprising fact about the Hollandish betting system is that it uses negative progression. Other betting systems that make use of negative progressions are:
Although the Hollandish betting system does set itself apart from other betting systems with the fact that the amount that an Aussie gambler bets does not depend on the outcome of the previous bet.
Facts About the Hollandish Betting System
So, to know more about this betting strategy, you must know a little bit more about the terminology. One important term used in this betting system is the ‘Hollandish Block”. The “Hollandish Block” is whereby a player must make three spins. The outcome of the block is assessed, determining how much a player will need to bet on their next spin. While doing the three-spin block, the player’s bet will remain the same. The bet amount will only change depending on the outcome of all bets that were made in the previous block.
Hollandish Betting System Explained
What’s great about this betting system is that it is relevantly simple to follow. To demonstrate exactly how this strategy works, we will be using multiple examples:
Should you start with a bet of AU$1 your sequence will look as follows: AU$1, AU$3, AU$5, AU$7 etc.
What is easily identified in the above sequence is that it increases in increments of two. This means that your initial bet amount is doubled and works as the amount that will be added to your bets.
So, if you had to make a bet of AU$2, double 2 is 4, so your bets will go up in increments of four. Therefore, it will look as follows, AU$2, AU$6, AU$10, AU$14 etc.
Ok, so far so good. It is important to note, however, that this system is quite different from other progressive systems. That is why players can’t just move through the progression lines as they would with other strategies, due to the type of bets you would need to place to fulfil the rules of the Hollandish system. The core difference of this strategy is, while other systems focus solely on one bet per stage, the Hollandish system will make use of a minimum of three bets per each and every stage. It is considered to be a win if and when you are in a positive. Thereafter, you can return to the beginning of the progression sequence.
Hollandish System in Action
The best way to apply the Hollandish system would be to adhere to the following steps:
- Select an even chance bet. (e.g. select either red or black on the roulette wheel).
- Bet your selected amount a minimum of three times.
- So, if you were to have bet AU$1 on red, you would place this bet three times.
- Should you win more than one of these bets, you are considered to have won.
- If you have won, you will repeat the pattern by wagering AU$1 an additional three times.
- If you win one or less, then by Hollandish standards, you have lost.
- Should you experience a loss, you will move up a level and have to bet AU$3, three times.
- Once you’ve bet three times, if your funds are in a plus from your original bankroll, you will go back down a level of progression and restart the pattern.
- However, should you have less, than you will need to move up another level of progression, whereby you will be betting AU$5 three times.
Pros and Cons of the Hollandish Betting System
Every betting strategy will have their own set of pros and cons, it is up to you, the player to decide which system will be best for you to help you beat the odds and lower the house edge as much as possible.
- You don’t need more wins than losses to have a lucrative round.
- There is a slow rate of progression.
- It is considered to be a strategy that is not very aggressive.
- Experiencing too many losses will ultimately create very uncertain bets to follow.
- You can only beat a losing streak by hitting back with a continuous winning streak.
- The system is slow and it may take many bets for the return of one bet.
Hollandish Strategy in a Nutshell
Australians seem to love this roulette betting strategy due to the lack of volatility and aggression that it brings. With the slow rate at which the game moves with this strategy, it will be easier for you to handle and maintain your Australian Dollars. With this comprehensive guide provided by Top Aus, there is no way you can go wrong. So, why not put this strategy to the test, you could come out of this game a richer gambler!