The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) is the smallest state in the country but don’t let its small size fool you. While it may be small, this is the most powerful state in the country, due to the fact that is houses our nation’s capital city, Canberra.
The majority of the state’s population, 400 000 people, live in the city and roughly 70% of the state’s land is undeveloped. This makes it a fantastic choice for people who like to be able to get out into nature, with many residents using bicycles for recreational purposes. Canberra became our nation’s capital back in 1913, and celebrated the 100th anniversary just a few years ago.
Play at Best Australian Online Casinos in Capital Territory
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
700+ Slots and 98% Payout
600+ Slots and 99% Payout
Australian Capital Territory Online Casinos
Online Gambling is perfectly legal in the ACT, as it is in other states in Australia. The Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 restricts companies who wish to operate an Online Casino within Australia, preventing them from allowing Australian residents from playing at their casino.
However, there is no law that prevents Australian Citizens from using the services provided by International Online Casinos, so players can go ahead and enjoy without fear of prosecution.
Australian Capital Territory Land-based Casinos
Your options for gambling at a land-based casino in the ACT are quite limited. This has no doubt aided in making Online Gambling so popular. There is just one land-based casino, which is located in Canberra and is called the Casino Canberra.
It is considerably smaller than some other Australian Casinos and there isn’t any accommodation available, while entertainment options are also limited. It does, however, offer around 40 table games, but there are no pokies. This is because Casino Canberra is the only casino in Australia that doesn’t have a machine license.
There are, however, countless pokies located around the city, which can be found in pubs and clubs, as well as sports betting and lotteries.
Australian Capital Territory Gambling FAQ’s
Some of the questions Aussie gamblers want answered:
- Who regulates gambling in the ACT?
- The Gambling and Racing Commission is responsible for overseeing all forms of gambling in the ACT, it also supplies new licenses and ensures players safety.
- What is the minimum gambling age in the ACT?
- The minimum age to participate in any form of real-money gambling is 18.
- Are Online Casinos legal in the ACT?
- Yes they are, provided the online casino is not based in Australia. Players will not face any issues if they choose to gamble at an International Online Casino.
- How does the future look?
- It is unlikely that there will be any major legislation changes in the near future, so the Online Casino industry should continue to grow and flourish, which is great news for all gamblers out there.
Other Australian Territories and States
Northern Territory | Queensland | South Australia | Tasmania | Victoria